This gives general view regarding the manufacturing and storage of herbal drug formulations.
Scope: This subject is designed to impart knowledge and skills of Biopharmaceutics and
pharmacokinetics and their applications in pharmaceutical development, design of dose and
dosage regimen and in solving the problems arised therein.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, student shall be able to:
1. Understand the basic concepts in biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics and their
2. Use of plasma drug concentration-time data to calculate the pharmacokinetic
parameters to describe the kinetics of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism,
3. To understand the concepts of bioavailability and bioequivalence of drug products and
4. Understand various pharmacokinetic parameters, their significance & applications.
1) This course deals with the various aspects of quality control and quality assurance
aspects of pharmaceutical industries.
2) This course deals with the important aspects like cGMP, QC tests, documentation,
quality certifications and regulatory affairs.
3) In This course student Understand the cGMP aspects in a pharmaceutical industry.
4) In This course student learn to appreciate the importance of documentation.
5) In This course student understand the scope of quality certifications applicable to
6)In This corse student understand the responsibilities of QA & QC departments
This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure, chemistry and therapeutic value of drugs. The subject emphasis on modern techniques of rational drug design like quantitative structure activity relationship (QSAR), Pro-drug concept, combinatorial chemistry and Computer aided drug design (CADD). The subject also emphasizes on the chemistry, mechanism of action, metabolism, adverse effects, Structure Activity Relationships (SAR), therapeutic uses and synthesis of important drugs.
Upon completion of the course, student shall be able to
1.Understand the importance of drug design and different techniques of drug design.
2.Understand the chemistry of drugs with respect to their biological activity.
3.Know the metabolism, adverse effects and therapeutic value of drugs.
4.Know the importance of SAR of drugs.