G.H.G. Khalsa College of Pharmacy Gurusar Sadhar
To produce professionally trained pharmacists to serve as efficient team-members of the Nation’s Health-care Programme.
- To develop this rural- based Pharmacy Instituition as a Centre of Excellence in imparting quality education in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- To maintain the quality of didactics through competent faculty and the state- of- the -art infrastructure.
- To inculcate human values and a sense of commitment to serve the ailing in the society.
Skip available courses
Biochemistry deals with complete understanding of the molecular levels of the chemical
process associated with living cells. The scope of the subject is providing biochemical facts and
the principles to understand metabolism of nutrient molecules in physiological and pathological
conditions. It is also emphasizing on genetic organization of mammalian genome and hetero and auto-catalytic functions of DNA.
Objectives: Upon completion of course student shell able to
1. Understand the catalytic role of enzymes, importance of enzyme inhibitors in design of
new drugs, therapeutic and diagnostic applications of enzymes.
2. Understand the metabolism of nutrient molecules in physiological and pathological
3. Understand the genetic organization of mammalian genome and functions of DNA in the
synthesis of RNAs and proteins.
Scope: This subject deals with classification and nomenclature of simple organic compounds, structural isomerism, intermediates forming in reactions, important physical properties, reactions and methods of preparation of these compounds. The syllabus also emphasizes on mechanisms and orientation of reactions.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Write the structure, name and the type of isomerism of the organic compound.
2. Write the reaction, name the reaction and orientation of reactions.
3. Account for reactivity/stability of compounds.
4. Identify/confirm the identification of organic compound.
Scope: This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure, chemistry and therapeutic value of drugs. The subject emphasizes on structure activity relationships of drugs, importance of physicochemical properties and metabolism of drugs. The syllabus also emphasizes on chemical synthesis of important drugs under each class.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Understand the chemistry of drugs with respect to their pharmacological activity.
2. Understand the drug metabolic pathways, adverse effect and therapeutic value of drugs.
3. Know the Structural Activity Relationship (SAR) of different class of drugs.
4. Write the chemical synthesis of some drugs.
Scope: This subject imparts knowledge on stereo-chemical aspects of organic compounds and organic reactions, important named reactions, chemistry of important heterocyclic compounds. It also emphasizes on medicinal and other uses of organic compounds.
Objectives: At the end of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Understand the methods of preparation and properties of organic compounds.
2. Explain the stereo chemical aspects of organic compounds and stereo chemical reactions.
3. Know the medicinal uses and other applications of organic compounds.
Scope: This subject is designed to impart knowledge and skills of Biopharmaceutics and
pharmacokinetics and their applications in pharmaceutical development, design of dose and
dosage regimen and in solving the problems arised therein.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, student shall be able to:
1. Understand the basic concepts in biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics and their
2. Use of plasma drug concentration-time data to calculate the pharmacokinetic
parameters to describe the kinetics of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism,
3. To understand the concepts of bioavailability and bioequivalence of drug products and
4. Understand various pharmacokinetic parameters, their significance & applications.
1) This course deals with the various aspects of quality control and quality assurance
aspects of pharmaceutical industries.
2) This course deals with the important aspects like cGMP, QC tests, documentation,
quality certifications and regulatory affairs.
3) In This course student Understand the cGMP aspects in a pharmaceutical industry.
4) In This course student learn to appreciate the importance of documentation.
5) In This course student understand the scope of quality certifications applicable to
6)In This corse student understand the responsibilities of QA & QC departments
This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure, chemistry and therapeutic value of drugs. The subject emphasis on modern techniques of rational drug design like quantitative structure activity relationship (QSAR), Pro-drug concept, combinatorial chemistry and Computer aided drug design (CADD). The subject also emphasizes on the chemistry, mechanism of action, metabolism, adverse effects, Structure Activity Relationships (SAR), therapeutic uses and synthesis of important drugs.
Upon completion of the course, student shall be able to
1.Understand the importance of drug design and different techniques of drug design.
2.Understand the chemistry of drugs with respect to their biological activity.
3.Know the metabolism, adverse effects and therapeutic value of drugs.
4.Know the importance of SAR of drugs.
In this subject, the student learns about the various methods and guidelines for
evaluation and standardization of herbs and herbal drugs. The subject also provides an
opportunity for the student to learn cGMP, GAP and GLP in traditional system of
Biochemistry, sometimes called biological chemistry is the study of the structure, composition, and chemical reactions of substances in living systems. By controlling information flow through biochemical signaling and the flow of chemical energy through metabolism, biochemical processes give rise to the complexity of life. Biochemistry emerged as a separate discipline when scientists combined biology with organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry and began to study how living things obtain energy from food, the chemical basis of heredity, what fundamental changes occur in disease, and related issues. Biochemistry includes the sciences of molecular biology, immunochemistry, and neurochemistry, as well as bioinorganic, bioorganic, and biophysical chemistry. But today, the main focus of pure biochemistry is on understanding how biological molecules give rise to the processes that occur within living cells, which in turn relates greatly to the study and understanding of tissues, organs, and whole organisms—that is, all of biology.
You can register for the event at https://forms.gle/eDr4EwGvcrmQvPEi7.
You can submit your creation under 3 categories:
- Poster and Collage Making (Handmade): Size: A3 sheet
- e-Poster Competition: Size: A4 sheet
- Creative writing:
- Poem or essay
- Language: Any one out of English, Hindi, Punjabi
- Length: Poem- One A4 sheet; Essay: Not more than three A4 sheets.
- For all the activities student can participate individually or in a team of 2.
- Submissions should be original and should not be copied from other source.
Pharmacy College Club
Skip site announcements