G.H.G. Khalsa College of Pharmacy Gurusar Sadhar
To produce professionally trained pharmacists to serve as efficient team-members of the Nation’s Health-care Programme.
- To develop this rural- based Pharmacy Instituition as a Centre of Excellence in imparting quality education in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- To maintain the quality of didactics through competent faculty and the state- of- the -art infrastructure.
- To inculcate human values and a sense of commitment to serve the ailing in the society.
Skip available courses
Scope: This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure, chemistry and therapeutic value of drugs. The subject emphasizes on structure activity relationships of drugs, importance of physicochemical properties and metabolism of drugs. The syllabus also emphasizes on chemical synthesis of important drugs under each class.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Understand the chemistry of drugs with respect to their pharmacological activity.
2. Understand the drug metabolic pathways, adverse effect and therapeutic value of drugs.
3. Know the Structural Activity Relationship (SAR) of different class of drugs.
4. Write the chemical synthesis of some drugs.
Scope: This subject imparts knowledge on stereo-chemical aspects of organic compounds and organic reactions, important named reactions, chemistry of important heterocyclic compounds. It also emphasizes on medicinal and other uses of organic compounds.
Objectives: At the end of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Understand the methods of preparation and properties of organic compounds.
2. Explain the stereo chemical aspects of organic compounds and stereo chemical reactions.
3. Know the medicinal uses and other applications of organic compounds.
1) This course deals with the various aspects of quality control and quality assurance
aspects of pharmaceutical industries.
2) This course deals with the important aspects like cGMP, QC tests, documentation,
quality certifications and regulatory affairs.
3) In This course student Understand the cGMP aspects in a pharmaceutical industry.
4) In This course student learn to appreciate the importance of documentation.
5) In This course student understand the scope of quality certifications applicable to
6)In This corse student understand the responsibilities of QA & QC departments
This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure, chemistry and therapeutic value of drugs. The subject emphasis on modern techniques of rational drug design like quantitative structure activity relationship (QSAR), Pro-drug concept, combinatorial chemistry and Computer aided drug design (CADD). The subject also emphasizes on the chemistry, mechanism of action, metabolism, adverse effects, Structure Activity Relationships (SAR), therapeutic uses and synthesis of important drugs.
Upon completion of the course, student shall be able to
1.Understand the importance of drug design and different techniques of drug design.
2.Understand the chemistry of drugs with respect to their biological activity.
3.Know the metabolism, adverse effects and therapeutic value of drugs.
4.Know the importance of SAR of drugs.
In this subject, the student learns about the various methods and guidelines for
evaluation and standardization of herbs and herbal drugs. The subject also provides an
opportunity for the student to learn cGMP, GAP and GLP in traditional system of
Skip site announcements