Scope: This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure, chemistry and therapeutic value of drugs. The subject emphasizes on structure activity relationships of drugs, importance of physicochemical properties and metabolism of drugs. The syllabus also emphasizes on chemical synthesis of important drugs under each class.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Understand the chemistry of drugs with respect to their pharmacological activity.
2. Understand the drug metabolic pathways, adverse effect and therapeutic value of drugs.
3. Know the Structural Activity Relationship (SAR) of different class of drugs.
4. Write the chemical synthesis of some drugs.
Scope: This subject imparts knowledge on stereo-chemical aspects of organic compounds and organic reactions, important named reactions, chemistry of important heterocyclic compounds. It also emphasizes on medicinal and other uses of organic compounds.
Objectives: At the end of the course, the student shall be able to
1. Understand the methods of preparation and properties of organic compounds.
2. Explain the stereo chemical aspects of organic compounds and stereo chemical reactions.
3. Know the medicinal uses and other applications of organic compounds.